Project Delivery Director
Objectiva Software Solutions is looking to hire a Project Delivery Director. This is a senior position that involves overall management of one or more of our outsourced software development projects for our Strategic Accounts.
Description of Duties
The Delivery Director shall be able to LEAD the teams reporting to him/her by focusing on three objectives: achieving delivery excellence and ensuring technical excellence while furthering the innovative culture and coherence we have within Objectiva with several keys base level goals:
- Metrics Driven Delivery with a focus on high Productivity and Quality
- Partner with Client Sponsor and Account Management to drive innovation, domain knowledge adoption, and new solution creation
- Own overall project lifecycle to ensure highest quality software delivery, on time and on budget.
- Serve as liaison between the software development team, the Account Manager in the US, and the Client sponsor.
- Own the Project Management Plan (PMP), which is a live document that covers process, project plan, risks and risk mitigation, staffing, and metrics.
- Own all the metrics for the project(s) and all development activities to ensure continuous improvement in performance, productivity, software quality, and delivery excellence.
- Audit Team Lead activity (work of software engineering and QA teams to ensure consistency with our processes and adherence to best practices and standards)
Design, coding, documentation, unit testing, test automation
- Determine delivery deficiencies and implement effective solutions to address them in a timely manner. (GAP Planning)
- Provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation and release.
- Ensure technical teams are contributing to our reusable code library.
- Own the development lifecycle and manage technology risks throughout the project.
- Manage technical training for team members to ensure adequate knowledge of all technologies involved in the project.
- Foster a culture of technical innovation among team members to provide our clients with new ideas to improve their software.
Organizational Innovation and Coherence
- Conduct effective performance evaluations.
- Seek and participate in personal development opportunities above and beyond training required by the company.
- Train other innovators and clients through both formal and informal training programs.
- Encourage more junior Innovators to take responsibility for their development within the company.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads internal teams/task forces.
- Review status reports of team members and address issues as appropriate.
- Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Understands complex software engineering concepts and effectively employs different methods and techniques.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one process and methodology.
- Understands the benefits of the various programming languages and platforms.
- Possesses high level knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures.
Effective Communications Skills
- Fluent in verbal and written English communications.
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate various types of meetings: internal technical team meetings, project management meetings, client meetings, and management meetings.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully. This includes ability to hire and fire, promotions/demotions, schedule slips, etc.
- Can turn tough situations around (e.g., high attrition rate, project schedule slips, lack of technical skills).
- Mentors team members to develop their leadership skills while serving as a role model.
- Manages the career paths of team members by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each Innovator’s career interests when possible.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
Client Management Skills
- Manages client interaction and expectations regarding development efforts.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client’s business, systems and objectives.